Seminar on atomic physics
Seminar usually takes place on Wednesdays at 12:45 in our lesture room 10th floor in Trója, V Holešovičkách 2, Praha 8
- November 22, 2023
- Conductivity and reactivity of liquid metal alloys.
- Hanns Christian Schewe
- IOCB (Institute of organic chemistry and biochemistry)
- Liquid metals such as Mercury or Gallium possess the ability to dissolve other metals by forming liquid alloys at room temperature. I will present how we apply the experimental technique of liquid microjets (LJ) in combination with photo-electron spectroscoy (PES) to characterize the composition and oxidation states of the invidual alloys. Moreover, LJ-PES can also be used to monitor chemcial reactions happening on the surface of liquid metals: for example, the generation of a metallic water solution.
- November 29, 2023
- Interatomic Coulombic Electron Capture (ICEC)
- Nicolas Sisourat, Jan Šenk
- Sorbonne Universite, Paris
- December 6, 2023
- Photoionization of formic acid and ammonia dimers.
- Julio Cesar Ruivo Costa
- UTF MFF UK
- Our work aims to study generation of charge-transfer states by electron impact and photoionization as alternative processes which have not been studied so far, focusing on formation of resonant states which are known to enhance elastic and inelastic collision processes. We build a framework to study photoionization in molecular dimers with a well-balanced description of target and continuum states which can be employed in further investigations of resonant states in nucleobase pairs.
- December 13, 2023
- Binding energies of molecular clusters and solids.
- Jiří Klimeš
- Chair of chemical physics and optics, MFF UK
- October 18, 2023
- Photodetachment dynamics using nonlocal model - progress report.
- Martin Čížek
- UTF MFF UK
- Last year I proposed the theoretical concept of using the nonlocal discrete-state-in-continuum model for the description of the photodetachment of the negative ions. In the meantime I tested the approach on simple model inspired with LiH molecule. I will discuss the results of this test calculation.
- October 25, 2023
- Solitons in overdamped dynamics: Theory and experiments.
- Artem Ryabov
- Chair of macromolecular physics, MFF UK
- November 8, 2023
- Three-step model of high harmonic generation.
- Zdeněk Mašín
- ITF, MFF UK
© 19. října 2022; Karel Houfek <email@example.com>, Martin Čížek <firstname.lastname@example.org>