I am looking for Bachelor & Master students. Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of possible topics:
- Dynamical perturbations of triple stellar and planetary systems seen in gravitational waves with LISA
- Looking over the cliff: when do close binary stars merge?
- Combining astrometry a variability information from the Gaia satellite
- Radiation transport on exploding background and applications to supernovae, stellar mergers, and classical novae
- Stellar merger model for the progenitor of SN1987A
All topics are related to research of current interest supported by grants and should result in one or more scientific papers. The thesis topic is always finalized upon discussions with the student. The methods of work include semi-analytic calculations, (radiation) hydrodynamics, and statistical analysis of data.